082 – Ending Old Scout Picks, More Age Statement Losses, and The Most Obtainable Barrel Proof on Bourbon Community Roundtable #5
The Bourbon Community Roundtable #5 dicusses the theories behind Old Scout, 2017 Predictions and Easily Obtainable Barrel Proof Choices.
- Joined by Blake of bourbonr.com, Jordan of breakingbourbon.com, and Kerry of subourbia.com
- So Smooth Ambler has discontinued their barrel program, which means no more private picks of SAOS. Thoughts?
- 2017 Predictions. What’s going to happen?
- Are there any companies that will be bought up in 2017?
- Are we going to see more bottles lose age statements?
- Is there a consensus favorite among the more easily “obtainable” high proof? Stagg Jr, ECBP, EH Taylor BP
078 – What is Beam Doing?, Gifting Bourbons, and 2016 Year in Review on Bourbon Community Roundtable #4
This one is going to be a heater in December! Join Bourbon Pursuit along with bloggers from Bourbonr, Subrourbia, and Sipp’n Corn to talk about these following questions and a 2016 Year in Review:
- Let’s bring the heat. What the hell is Beam doing?!
- On the last episode we talked about gifting bourbon in the $50 or $100 range. Now, what bourbons do you “want” to be gifted if you had the choice?
- Was 2016 a year of dud bourbons?
- What was one thing you were happy about and one thing that pissed you off in 2016?
075 – Best Bottles Per Dollar, Holiday Sharing, and Hunting Stories on Bourbon Community Roundtable #3
Bourbon Community Roundtable #3 – we discuss best bottles for the dollar, holiday sharing, hunting stories, and Kerry’s #pappyslap
- Max Gordian on Bourbonr Facebook: Just curious, how long do you usually let your bourbon breathe after you pour a glass?
- What’s the -cheapest- bottle worth having?
- The holidays are coming up with the family. We’ve all got family members who like bourbon but not on our level. Do you bring the goods or some of the regular stuff you want to deplete?
- What’s your favorite $50. That cuts out things like OWA as well as pretty much any LTO
- What’s the furthest you’ve traveled for a bottle and what did you get?
- So this past week on Twitter, Kerry finally got Julian to drop a bomb.
Bourbon Community Roundtable #2 – we discuss bourbon regrets, thoughts on bottle signings, what brand markets best, and weller special reserve.
- Watch it on Bourbon Pursuit’s YouTube Page
- Joined by Blake from Bourbonr.com, Jordan from BreakingBourbon.com, and Brian from Sipp’n Corn.
- What’s your biggest bourbon regret?
- Getting bottles signed. your thoughts?
- What distillery or brand does the best job marketing their products?
- Why do people really give a shit or go crazy for regular weller special reserve?
065 – Social Media Influencing, Random Trades, and Best Releases of 2016 So Far on Bourbon Community Roundtable #1
- Recorded on YouTube LIVE! We will pose questions to the audience to see what YOU think. If you have questions, ask them on the right hand side and we will tackle as many as we can. Ask anything you want!
- Social Media and Bourbon. How to target the right consumer.
- The most random trades of all time. Who would have thought we would see people trade bourbon for Pokemon cards
- BTAC. Because why not?
- A bit of talk about the new Parkers
- Best 2016 release so far?
- The origins of bourbonr.com and not being “Bour-boner”
Maggie Kimberl, Nino Marchetti, and Michael Veach join as we discuss Maker’s 46, Pappy & Co Cigars, history of Buffalo Trace, Castle & Key, and the failed crowd funding campaign by Jim Rutledge.
- Wrapped up dinner at Down One Bourbon Bar and in the Speak Easy Room.
- Down One has a private Maker’s 46 selection and Micheal talks about a good food pairing
- Talk about the Maker’s 46 Barrel Selection
- Maggie, you had a chance to be a part of Pappy & Co’s Pappy Cigar Line. Talk about it.
- How long will it be till you see counterfeit Pappy cigars?
- Nino, you saw something interesting at a liquor store in Frankfort, talk about it.
- Michael, talk a little bit about the Buffalo Trace Distillery history
- Nino, you’ve been here for 3 days now, what is the coolest thing you’ve seen so far?
- What makes you excited for Castle & Key?
- I want to get your opinions on the failed Rutledge crowd funding campaign.