Tim Knittel, Bourbon Educator at Distilled-Living.com and a certified Stave & Thief Society Executive Bourbon Steward, kicks off “back to basics” month by giving an in-depth Bourbon 101 and 201 level knowledge bomb. You will learn something new, guaranteed or your money back!
- let’s start from the top. What is bourbon?
- How’s it made?
- What goes into it?
- What’s the average proof coming off the distillate?
- Some people say that limestone water is a big reason why Kentucky bourbon taste better. Is that true or can I get the same effect out of a garden hose?
- Is anything stopping someone outside of America from making a bourbon or it just can’t be called that?
- What advice do you give people of the first bottles to buy that give you a variable taste range?
- So people like us who think we know everything, what’s a common misperception or falsification we tend to fall for?
- What’s the most common question you get asked at your tastings