Bernie Lubbers, Whiskey Ambassador for Heaven Hill and also known as The Whiskey Professor, joins the show to talk about bottled-in-bond and what makes these bourbons “bricks of gold”.
- Talk about Bern’s Corner and how you arrange your bottles
- What has made you so fascinated with Bottled-in-Bond.
- Talk about the issue or necessity behind bottled-in-bond
- When people were diluting whiskey or using tobacco spit, were people still buying it?
- Why 100 proof and not 90 or 80?
- Is the bottled-in-bond act still a binding piece of legislation?
- So you can have bottled-in-bond of spirits other than bourbon?
- There is an interpretation for bottled-in-bond corn whiskey
- Why did Issac Wolfe Bernheim against the bottled-in-bond act?
- Talk about Colonel Taylor and his involvement
- Were there any palms that were greased to make this happen?
- After this bill passed, did it put brands out of business?
- What’s the importance of having bottled-in-bond today?
- What is the responsible for the resurgence of bottled-in-bond?
Today is the 120th anniversary of the passing of the Bottled In Bond Act in 1897 – come by @haymarketwhisky tonight after 10 to celebrate pic.twitter.com/RZMoam9xIn
— Bernie Lubbers (@BernieLubbers) March 3, 2017
One thought on “089 – Deep Dive into Bottled in Bond with Bernie Lubbers, Whiskey Ambassador for Heaven Hill”