Brent Elliott, Master Distiller at Four Roses, talks about how he never owned a bottle of Four Roses until he interviewed and how the conversation went when he was tapped to be the new Master Distiller.
- Talk about growing up in Owensboro, your history and education
- What made you want to get into bourbon?
- Were you a Four Roses bourbon fan when you applied to work here?
- Was Four Roses the first place you looked at working?
- How long have you been working at Four Roses?
- Talk a little bit about working with Jim Rutledge under his tutelage.
- So talk about that phone call, when it’s usually depicted in the movies as being called up to the CEOs office on the 33rd floor to get that big promotion
- Why is there not a rye whiskey offered by Four Roses?
- What about the rage of barrel finishes or cinnamon whiskey?
- From Kevin Ragland on Facebook – How was the process for selecting 2016 LE went since it was the first time you would have done it without Jim.
- Why did you come out and call it Elliott’s Select instead of just the normal 2016 Limited Edition Single Barrel?
- From Travis Roberts on Facebook – Will FR continue their barrel selections in the future and if so, will they eventually be able to offer barrels aged 10+ years again to consumers?
- Talk about life outside of bourbon