Patrick Hutchens, Owner of Promotional Wood Products, shares his company’s story of giving premium bourbons the extra edge.
- Tell us about your first encounter with bourbon
- We’re sipping on a barrel of Knob Creek that you picked out. Tell us about it.
- What is Promotional Wood Products?
- How did the relationship form that you began to make all the boxes for every Booker’s?
- How has production scaled in Booker’s boxes over 22 years?
- Talk about how the scents of the Goose Island Rare box that you did
- What’s the process for making a box?
- How have you tried to perfect the manufacturing process?
- Talk about the process of the barrel heads
- Talk about the amount of moisture inside of the used barrel products
- Are wooden boxes today like the gimmick of the ceramic decanters of the 70s?
- Is your goal to have every bottle of bourbon out there in some wooden box?
- When you do put these items in boxes, do you really feel that you are making it a premium product?
- Any special release boxes coming out?