Matt Gandolfo, Brand Ambassador for Wild Turkey, talks history of the brand, non-GMO grains, each of the expressions and the new “Decades” release set for May 2016.
- We kick off the show talking about one of our past guests, Marianne Barnes, and the new name for the Old Taylor Distillery.
- Tell us about your first encounter with bourbon
- Tell us about your role and what it consists of
- Why is Wild Turkey 101 and not 100?
- How did it grow to a business from 101?
- What did the name Austin Nichols mean to Wild Turkey?
- So why remove the name Austin Nichols from the brand?
- What are some of things during the process makes Wild Turkey unique compared to other brands?
- What does Non-GMO products give you in regards to quality?
- What’s it like hanging around Jimmy Russell?
- Talk about the individual expressions and the differences between each.
- Talk about the new release called “Decades” that will be coming in May 2016
- Is there something that holds true to the quote “Older turkey is better turkey”?
- If you have to have one Wild Turkey product on the shelf as a staple, which do you choose?