Rob Samuels, COO of Maker’s Mark, talks about the operations behind Maker’s and holding almost every job at the distillery since he was 9.
- We kick off the show talking about bourbon tourism numbers from 2015
- Talk about your childhood and growing up in the family business
- What does the phrase mean “blow your ears off?”
- Maker’s has a great relationship with Keeneland, talk about it.
- Where do you see Makers as a part of the growth of bourbon?
- What do you think kept Maker’s alive 20-30 years ago when vodka was king?
- What are some your favorite ads Maker’s has had over the years?
- This is a family business. What was the best piece of advice your father ever gave you?
- You started at the distillery at 9 years old. Talk about holding all those various positions over the years. Best and worst job
- How do you get on the tasting panel at Maker’s?
- Back in 2013 was the great proof reduction debacle. Talk about that.
- What are some of toughest decisions you’ve had to make as COO?
- Let’s talk about life outside of bourbon. Do you have any other hobbies?