Jackie Zykan, Master Bourbon Specialist for Old Forester, talks about each of the individual expressions and the history behind this Louisville based brand.
- We are coming to you from Rye On Market in Louisville
- Tell us your coming to age of tale of bourbon
- What is it about Old Forester that made you leave working behind the bar
- Is Old Forester the same thing as Woodford Reserve?
- What do you actually do as a Master Bourbon Specialist?
- The name “Brown” has a stigma and prominence in Louisville. Talk about George Garvin Brown?
- Where is the 2nd “R” in the name?
- How did Old Forester move from sourcing to distilling it’s own stuff?
- How did Old Forester survive prohibition?
- Brown-Forman owns it’s own cooperage and what does that mean to you?
- Talk about each of the Old Forester brands and what makes each unique compared to the next
- What was the market reaction for the Whiskey Row edition?
- Give the listeners some kind of idea behind Birthday Bourbon
- What can you tell us about 2016 Birthday Bourbon
- Give us some of the more well-known cocktails you make