Marianne Zickuhr, Executive Director of Preservation Louisville, talks about the history of Whiskey Row and her involvement with preserving this iconic landmark in downtown Louisville, KY.
- What was your first memory or first bottle of bourbon?
- What’s your role at Preservation Louisville?
- Did you study history in college or have you been a history buff?
- What is Whiskey Row in Louisville, KY?
- How did you get involved with it?
- Can you recall any of the names that might have inhabited Whiskey Row?
- Can you explain more about the building because the facade is there but what about the rest of the building?
- Why did Whiskey Row die off?
- Do you know the origin of the tiles on the block showing names of the old distilleries?
- Is everything done what can be done to preserve it?
- There is a bourbon called Whiskey Row but it’s actually made in Crestwood, KY and you have a story about that.
- Follow @PreservationLou on twitter and @PreservationLou on Instagram.