For anyone that doesn’t know Peggy from listening to our past episodes, you will get to hear from the first ever woman Master Taster. She has been a remarkable inspiration for anyone in the bourbon industry and her crowning achievement was being inducted into the 2019 Bourbon Hall of Fame. This podcast was recorded at the Kentucky Derby Museum’s Legends Series so make sure you are following their social media handles @derbymuseum to catch the next season. Learn more about Peggy by listening to episodes 204 and 198, which is her session from the 2018 Kentucky Bourbon Affair called “The Stave is the Rave”.
- DISCUS Petition: https://p2a.co/yrfbbV7
- Podcast Awards Voting: https://www.podcastawards.com/
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about Wild Turkey and small barrels.
- Tell us about being a Noe.
- What were you like when you were young?
- What was your dad like?
- Tell us about your time at the University of Kentucky.
- What were you drinking back then?
- Why did you chose these whiskies to taste?
- What was your first job out of college?
- How long were you in the hotel business?
- When did you work at Brown-Forman?
- What was the coolest event you coordinated?
- What was the next step?
- Tell us a good Lincoln story.
- What challenges have you faced?
- Do you feel like you always have to prove yourself?
- Talk about what you’ve done for women in bourbon.
- Tell us about Peerless.
- How many distilleries have you worked on?
- Tell us about Bakers.
- Bourbon Women: https://bourbonwomen.org/
Support this Podcast on Patreon