We are going back and revisiting episode #056 about building the barrels at Brown Forman. This is a great to wrap up back to basics month.
Michael Nelson, Plant Director at the Brown-Forman Cooperage, gives a step-by-step and inside look to the barrel making process.
- Give us your bourbon story.
- Before we dive into the ins and outs of technicalities of barrel char. give us a history lesson about where we are.
- So this is my first encounter being at a cooperage. give me the 101
- We saw one barrel that was cross cut. Talk about that.
- What’s the average number of discarded barrels that don’t meet some sort of quality assurance?
- Talk about char levels for a bit because it’s something that is always said, but never really explained about in depth.
- Is the barrel making process getting more expensive on a yearly basis because of demand and material supply?
- For everyone that missed the episode with Chris Morris where we talked briefly about the cooperage, talk about what it means to have a cooperage dedicated to their private whiskey
- The release of Cooper’s Craft happened recently. And it was named after the location of where we are recording today. What does that mean to you?