Kevin Didio, Manager of Kentucky Visitor Experience at Bulleit Frontier Experience, talks about his career in bourbon with multiple distilleries, dives into the history of Stitzel-Weller and IW Harper, and talks about the visitor attractions you can see at the reinstated Stitzel-Weller Distillery.
- Talk about your role here at the Bulleit Frontier.
- Before we talk about some of the other positions you’ve held, Talk about how you got into bourbon. I found my calling in college, what about you?
- Talk about your career with various players in the industry
- Talk about more about your time at Jim Beam and what you were doing
- This is also the historic site of the Old Fitzgerald / Stitzel-Weller Distillery. Now, we do have a lot of people listening for the education, so talk about the history of the distillery itself.
- Can you comment on what you think made people Stitzel-Weller crazy?
- Talk about what’s happening on the grounds here today. Distillation? Aging? Bottling? Brands?
- Is there a possibility that Bulleit can have the same product as the famed Stitzel-Weller?
- Talk about the bottling happening here
- Give people the small run-down of Bulleit history
- Talk about Blade and Bow
- It’s a bit of an odd duck here because this is owned by Diageo. You’ve got a whole heap of brands that you can talk about. Bulleit, IW Harper, Orphan Barrels, blade and Bow etc. Talk about which one of those you have a bigger fascination with and why
- At this point, I guess we never talked about some IW Harper history. Can you school us there?
- Talk about a typical tour done here?
- How can people schedule tours?