Andrea Wilson, Vice President and General Manager of Michter’s Distillery, gives us the history of Michter’s, her rich history influencing the bourbon industry behind the scenes, and hints at a new 20 year bourbon release and potential Celebration.
- Talk about your first encounter with whiskey or bourbon
- How did that influence you to make a career from it?
- What kind of path did you take because you can’t tell a distillery, “Hey i’ve got experience because i’ve been moonshining”
- You’ve got a historic past. First woman to serve as chair for the KDA. What does that mean to you?
- Talk about your current position at Michter’s and what that means
- Give some people a quick history lesson of Michters
- There is a new place being built on Whiskey Row, talk about that.
- There are 4 core products, talk about each one of those and choose a favorite child
- Then we have a few that are super extreme premium bourbons. Now choose a favorite child.
- You also have reminiscent feelings when drinking bourbon, talk about your tasting experience.
- What sort of legacy or impression do you want to leave on the industry?