Beau Beckman, Barrel Select Manager at Buffalo Trace (and great great great great great grandson of Colonel EH Taylor), talks about his family legacy, the process of buying a barrel, and how technology is changing the future of the program with Single Barrel Select.
- Tell us a bit about your lineage and the dirty rundown of the Taylor’s
- Where did the EH Taylor packaging and logo come from?
- What led you to Buffalo Trace?
- Talk about your role as a Barrel Program Manager
- How many barrels are available for the program?
- How do you choose who gets to pick a barrel?
- What’s the process of going through the barrel selection?
- What brands can you choose and the history of the barrel program?
- Why does the barrel program exist? Why mess with the “chef’s recipe”?
- Talk about “Honor Tradition, Embrace Change” with Single Barrel Select app to follow the barrel selection process online.
- What your thought’s on the Old Taylor brand getting a re-birth?
- If you have a Tornado you are willing to part with, Beau is in search of it!
- What’s the best part about the job?