You listen to this show because you want to be a better educated bourbon consumer. Or maybe you just went off the deep-end and started buying too many bottles and now you’re on the hunt for the next great bottle. Either way, I’m glad you’re here. But there are all sorts of new opportunities that foster deeper knowledge with some of the premier distilleries in Kentucky, most notably, in Bardstown. Sam Lacy joins the show to talk about everything from the Bourbon Capital Community Alliance. It’s an initiative from the city of Bardstown to bring in-depth and tailored educational experiences to distilleries around Bardstown along with their brand new Brindiamo Penthouse that can provide a 101-level primer for people before they hit the distilleries.
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks bottles as an investment
- How did you get into bourbon?
- Why was there an initiative to form an alliance?
- How many partner distilleries are a part of the alliance?
- Is the Bourbon Capital Guild a private bourbon society?
- What are the distilleries asking of the city to help promote bourbon tourism?
- Is the Bourbon Capital Academy a proprietary education course that anyone can take?
- What is the Brindiamo Penthouse?
- How often are the courses being offered at the partner distilleries?
- How much does a custom distillery course cost?
- @bourboncapitalguild @bourboncapitalacademy @brindiamogroup
- Support this podcast on Patreon