It’s Bourbon Community Roundtable #76 and this is one I’m excited to talk about because as you’re well aware, building a brand requires choosing the right distribution partners. The big shake up of the past few weeks is that Sazerac is pulling out of Republic National Distributing Company in favor of smaller, more mid-tier, and beer focused distributors in around 30 different states. So, we want to ask the roundtable a few questions. First, what would motivate Sazerac to break up this long-standing relationship? If you are a distributor that got selected, what problems are you going to experience. And lastly, as a consumer are we going to see any change like finding Pappy on the shelf at MSRP. Spoiler alert… the answer is no. Since it’s the first roundtable of 2023, we all put in our predictions and see what the future holds for bourbon this year.
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about dry January.
- Sazerac is leaving RNDC. What does this mean for Sazerac?
- Sazerac goes with mid-tier distributors. How do distirbutors adapt and what happens to other brands?
- Does Sazerac leaving RNDC mean anything for the end consumer?
- What are your 2023 predictions?
- @breakingbourbon @fredminnick @drinkseelbachs @bourbonr @sippncorn
- Support this podcast on Patreon