It’s This Week in Bourbon for November 4th 2022. Campari Group has agreed to acquire a 70% stake in Kentucky-based Wilderness Trail Distillery for $420 million. Old Forester and King Ranch are releasing a limited-edition whisky called Old Forester King Ranch Edition. Lux Row Distillers announced the newest variant in the Ezra Brooks brand family: Old Ezra 7-Year Straight Rye Whiskey.
- Campari Group has agreed to acquire a 70% stake in Kentucky-based Wilderness Trail Distillery for US$420 million
- Jane Bowie and Denny Potter are announcing a new distillery in Washington County, Kentucky
- Pol Roger Portfolio is acquiring Leiper’s Fork Distillery
- Old Forester and King Ranch are releasing a limited-edition whisky called Old Forester King Ranch Edition
- The return of the George Dickel x Leopold Bros Collaboration Blend
- Log Still Distillery is introducing Monk’s Road Wheated Bourbon
- Wyoming Whiskey announces this year’s annual and limited release offerings of Barrel Strength Bourbon, Outryder Straight American Whiskey and Single Barrel
- Angel’s Envy is releasing their annual cask strength edition
- Booker’s Bourbon Releases Third Batch of 2022 Collection “Kentucky Tea”
- HIRSCH Selected Whiskeys announces The Cask Strength Finished in Cognac Barrels
- Lux Row Distillers announces Old Ezra 7-Year Straight Rye Whiskey
- @campariofficial @wildernesstraildistillery @lfdistillery @oldforester @kingranchinc @georgedickel @leopoldbros @logstilldistillery @monksroad @wyomingwhiskey @angelsenvy @hirschwhiskey @luxrowdistillers
- Support this podcast on Patreon
Hey guys! its pronouced “Ebit-d-a”, lol. Just a few clarifications: The partnership is all about the Wilderness Trail brand and global distribution as Campari doubles down on Bourbon on a global scale. We are coming into a an enormous amount of mature inventory to spread Wilderness around the globe and that is what we were seeking in a partner, global distribution. The brand revenue mentioned was from 2021 and greatly increased in 2022.
For Campari, the focus is on premium brand building and taking Wilderness Trail production 100% to brand production as we move away from the little bit of remaining contract new fill production this December as we have been ramping that down for years with the majority of production being Wilderness Trail up to 70,000 barrels per year.
There was no other inventory part of this partnership, no other non-WTD barrels, etc, this is all about the strength of the Wilderness Brand itself, even more exciting the deal wasnt based off contract production as that is going away and only focusing on the brand itself. Very exciting for Wilderness Trail!
Pat and I arent going anywhere, we remain at the helm and co-owners of Wilderness for years to come, we are the founders, co-owners and still working hard to make the best whiskey we can. Thank you for all the support !
Shane Baker & Dr. Pat Heist
Thanks for taking the time to share the insight Shane! I’ll shoot you a message!