Some people will say we are currently experiencing a bourbon shortage. However, if you go to your local store you will see it’s quite the opposite. There are walls of bourbon and with so many labels it’s hard to know where everything comes from. To help dig through this topic I’ve invited Chad & Sara from It’s Bourbon Night to join the show. We talk about how they met and how they’ve grown their YouTube channel into one of the premier places on the internet to get informative opinions on the latest whiskey releases as well as the favorite amongst many YouTubers, lists and top 10s.
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about opening bottles prior to purchase for allocated bottles
- When did you start your YouTube channel?
- Do you remember your first video?
- Are there some videos that never get published?
- Have you figured out the formula to get the mosts views possible?
- How have you been able to combat the negative comments that come on the internet?
- Have you had to pivot on how you create content and find new audiences?
- Have you started to see an overcrowding of brands on the market?
- Is there such a thing as a “bad run” of MGP barrels?
- Will MGP still be the go-to source in 5 or 10 years?
- When production catches up, how do you determine who get space on the shelf?
- What will hurt the bourbon market the most?
- Are celebrity whiskey brands going to overcrowd the market?
- Will we start seeing labels begin to fail?
- Support this podcast on Patreon