Gone are the days of paying for billboards, newspaper, and bench ads and bus stop. Everyone has the capability to access a world of information right in the palm of their hand. If you’re like me, you’re checking your email 50 times a day and getting hit with notifications across multiple social platforms and other apps that demand your attention. But as a bourbon brand, how do you capitalize on the digital space? Brandon Smith joins the show to talk about how he is building a digital strategy at Bardstown Bourbon Co. We talk about how to gather data and develop A/B testing to figure out which digital ads work. But we also talk about platforms and influencer engagement to encompass the realm of digital trends. So if you are a bourbon brand, here’s your chance to take a few notes.
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about why rye whiskey labels are green
- Talk about your introduction into whiskey and led you into growing a popular instagram account @thedailydram
- Did you take on a big career change to get into bourbon?
- What was Bardstown Bourbon Co’s vision for a digital strategy?
- How do you create a story for your brand if you’re a new entrant into the market?
- How are you turn a story into a digital asset?
- How did you examine the data to determine who is tied to your brand?
- What have you found to be successful as engaging content?
- How do you decide how to follow a trend?
- How long do you have to react to a trend before it becomes stale?
- Is there more value in someone else creating content vs being done by the brand?
- Where do you place your bets with influencers based on followers?
- How do you measure success for a digital campaign?
- Support this podcast on Patreon