A few weeks ago on TWiB we talked about Barton 1792 closing the doors for tours indefinitely, but now we get to speculate. Was this because Sazerac feels they can’t make it stand up to the current standard people expect of tours? Or was it a way to put all their eggs into turning the distillery into a workhorse for it brands? The Virginia ABC moved to a new randomized system for their allocated bourbon releases. We examine what they got right and what they got wrong. Lastly, we know people are starting to build their own bourbon bars, but what’s something you need for your bar that is not bourbon?
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about bourbon on social media
- What do we feel motivated Sazerac to stop offering tours at Barton 1792?
- What did the Virginia ABC get right and wrong with the new randomized allocated bourbon drops?
- What is one bar essential you need that isn’t bourbon?
- @bourbonr @breakingbourbon @sippn_corn
- Support this podcast on Patreon