It’s Bourbon Community Roundtable #67 and this time it’s all about limited editions. New records are being set for bottles at auction and many of us are thinking twice about opening up bottles. Red Hook went for $47k. The 5L bottle of OFC 1982 went for $60k. With so many LTEs, how do you determine what will make a bottle valuable in the future? Our friends over at Breaking Bourbon had a good email last week that talked about holiday bottles. Kentucky Owl recently released their St. Patrick’s Day expression, Barrell Bourbon has New Year, Smokewagon has done a halloween, and Maker’s Mark has one for almost everything. Are these gimmicks or are holiday bottles here to stay?
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about glassware and books.
- How do you determine what will make a bottle valuable in the future?
- Are holiday bottles a gimmick or are they here to stay?
- @bourbonr @breakingbourbon @sippn_corn
- Support this podcast on Patreon