When I got a text message that said “Hey, do you want to have Brad Paisley on your show?” I couldn’t resist jumping at the chance. Everyone knows Brad as the country music legend, but we got to sit down and discover bourbon enthusiast Brad. He once was known as a sober star, but bourbon has has permanently cemented a place in his life. We talk about how he first began appreciating bourbon and how that led him to start his own brand called American Highway. We discuss the brand, it’s origin, and future, but stick around till the end and you will hear some epic bourbon hunting stories.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about the glass shortage.
- You used to not drink alcohol, is that still true?
- How did the whiskey brand come about?
- Was the bourbon at least a year old before it went on the road?
- Was it tempting to want to test out a barrel on the road?
- How did you find out about Bardstown Bourbon Company?
- What were your early challenges with the truck on tour?
- Did people connect the dots when they saw your rolling rickhouse?
- What did you learn about blending?
- What would you say to someone who was hesitant about buying a celebrity brand?
- Are you going to put tour numbers on the label to differentiate batches?
- Any good bourbon hunting stories?
- Is there a charitable aspect to the brand?
- @bradpaisley @americanhighwayreserve
- Support this podcast on Patreon