Back on Episode 295, the roundtable discussed when does craft whiskey stop becoming craft whiskey. Well, the internet is full of opinions and we heard every last one of them. Many of whom said, “Why don’t you get some real craft distillers on the show and ask them?” Well, we took your advice and did just that. We’re joined by Becky Harris of Catoctin Creek and Alan Bishop from Spirits of French Lick to talk about what craft means to them. We also discuss their thoughts on sourcing and how they overcome the craft stigma to set themselves apart from the rest.
- Catoctin Creek has been honoring that tradition of small craft rye whisky since 2009. Learn more at CatoctinCreekDistilling.com.
- Smooth Ambler builds on the traditional roots of American whiskey in West Virginia. Visit SmoothAmbler.com to learn more.
- Wilderness Trail is Sweet Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon and Rye Whiskey distilled, aged, and bottled in Danville, Kentucky. Learn more at WildernessTrailDistillery.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Savor every drop of summer at Total Wine & More! You’re sure to find cool prices in-store or online at TotalWine.com.
- Heaven Hill Distillery has been lifting America’s spirit since 1935. Check out educational resources and sign up for their newsletter at HeavenHillDistillery.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about the influence of social media for brands.
- What got you into whiskey?
- What does craft mean to you?
- How do we get past the craft stigma?
- What are the positives of being in craft whiskey?
- How do you feel about the sourced whiskey game?
- Has the popularity of bourbon helped your business?
- Talk about your experience over the past year.
- @catoctincreek, @spiritsoffrenchlick