So what is a dusty bourbon? Well… it’s just an old bourbon. The idea was that these were bottles that used to sit on the shelves and collect dust. Now a days, these are rare gems and lots of bourbon hunters go crazy looking for them. Unfortunately, the days of finding a 1980s Old Grand Dad on the shelf are long gone, but we sit down and analyze what makes a dusty a dusty.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about yeast.
- What’s the allure of dusties?
- What makes dusties different?
- Are there any dusities you should stay away from?
- Let’s discuss bourbon hunting?
- What do you consider a dusty?
- What’s your best dusty score?
- What are your thoughts on decanters?