On this Bourbon Community Roundtable, we do an in-depth analysis of The Bourbon King, two episodes from the Netflix series Heist. Now I have to warn you, if you haven’t seen it yet this is full of spoilers. If you plan on watching it, go watch it and then come back and listen. On the 2nd half of the episode, we talk about the new executive order coming straight from the Whitehouse that is going to put a microscope on the alcohol industry and look at unfair trade practices when it comes to distribution and competition.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about tasting notes.
- Breaking down Netflix’s Heist featuring Pappygate, the story of Gilbert “Toby” Curtsinger, an employee at Buffalo Trace that stole hundreds of thousands of dollars of Pappy Van Winkle.
- Do you think Buffalo Trace let them film on property?
- Who is Moonshine Mike?
- How do you steal a barrel and where do you hide it?
- What are your thoughts on the sheriff sensing it was an inside job right away?
- Do you think the sheriff was media hungry?
- What do you think of the sentencing?
- How was his wife not aware?
- How will the executive order on promoting competition in the American economy impact distributors and distribution?
- Thanks to @bourbonr, @breakingbourbon, and @sippn_corn for joining.