Lisa Wicker should be a household name to any bourbon enthusiast. You will get to learn about her pedigree of industry and blending experience in this episode. Before ever meeting Lisa, people in the industry would tell me she had one of the best palates. She has been involved with lots of brands from the very beginning and played a critical role to their future success. Now, she leads Widow Jane and gives us some tricks on her blending techniques.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about bottle modifications.
- What is the craziest fashion trend you’ve ever worn?
- How did you get into working in whiskey?
- How did you end up at Widow Jane?
- Was it a big change moving from the Mid West to NYC?
- Who is Widow Jane? What is the history of the brand?
- Do you store barrels in the mine?
- Why do you use the mineral water for proofing?
- How do you decide which distillate goes into each product?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of putting a unique spin on a sourced whiskey?
- Do you have a whiskey blending playlist?
- @widow_jane @lbwicker