Bernie Lubbers is one of the great treasures of the modern whiskey era. A few years ago, he gave us a deep dive on Bottled in Bond in episode 89, but now he’s back and we’re talking Mellow Corn, Parker’s Heritage selections, and where the market is headed with pricing bourbon on the shelf. Stay tuned until the end for a performance of Whiskey, Honey, and Loving.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about flasks.
- Has Bottled in Bond changed since the last time you were on the show?
- How many bourbons are Bottled in Bond?
- Do you still love Bottled in Bond?
- Talk about corn whiskey.
- Tell us about the process for selecting Parker’s.
- Where do you think we are going with pricing in bourbon?
- Do you get any pushback from retailers about having allocated items in your gift shop?
- What are your thoughts on private barrel picks?
- Talk about the Black Velvet acquisition.