MGP, the major powerhouse distillery in Indiana, has purchased Luxco who owns Lux Row distillers in Bardstown that produces legacy and heritage brands such as Rebel Yell, Ezra Brooks, Davies County, and many more. But what does this mean? The roundtable gets together and speculates on what we can expect for these brands as well as MGP’s existing brands such as Remus. But what does this ultimately mean for brands that have been sourcing MGP bourbon and rye for decades? Have we just witnessed the end of one avenue for sourced markets?
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about pairing bourbon with Girl Scout Cookies.
- MGP buys LuxCo. What does this mean for the largest supplier of contract whiskey?
- Was this a good move?
- What will happen to the MGP sourced brands?
- What do you think will happen with Yellowstone?
- Will Luxco use MGP distillate?
- Do you think Luxco will do contract distillation?
- Thanks to Blake from Bourbonr.com, Nick from BreakingBourbon.com, and Brian from SippnCorn.com for joining.
Support this Podcast on Patreon