Bourbon societies are becoming prolific across the globe. But here’s the thing, they all do something different that makes them unique. In this episode, we are joined by representatives from the Dallas Bourbon Club, The Bourbon Society of Greater Cincinnati, and KOBBE (Kentucky’s Original Black Bourbon Enthusiasts). We get a deeper understanding of how each society operates from a social, educational, and philanthropic perspective. If you’re looking to start a society or grow your own, here’s a chance to listen how these fellas do it.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about StraightBourbon.com.
- We are joined by Jamar Mack (KOBBE), Pete Schmidt (Dallas Bourbon Club), and Todd Carnes (Bourbon Society of Greater Cincinnati).
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- How are you trying to reach new members?
- How is your group different from other bourbon groups?
- Do you have a motto?
- How are you putting on events?
- How are you involved with charities?
- Do you do any bourbon education?
- How do you get people to present to your group?
- How many women do you have in your group?
- Talk about your barrel picks.