When Barrell Bourbon comes out with a product, it’s never going to be duplicated. We explored that with Joe back on episode 164, but this time Joe puts us to the test. Ryan and I sample through 15 different Barrell products while Joe and Fred become commentators. These are products that have already been released, are to be released, or experiments in the making. We try them blind to see which ones we like and if we can guess the blends and finishes too.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about history on whiskey labels.
- What’s the process you go through to pick a favorite during a tasting?
- Blind Barrell Tasting
- How do you blend?
- Anything you would eliminate yet?
- When you blend using finishes, are you trying to make sure you are still tasting the bourbon?
- Joe, why did you select some of these products?
- What are the flavor profile differences in the various styles of rum?
- Are you all coffee drinkers and does that have any affect on tasting?
- Discuss Top 3.
- Blind reveal.
- What’s your favorite?