You may have never heard of Limestone Branch, and you may just now be hearing about Yellowstone bourbon, but you will soon learn the roots of this distillery. Stephen Beam, yep there’s a lot of Beams in the bourbon industry around Kentucky, is a descendant of the Dant family. Yes, that JW Dant you are thinking of right now. This one is full of rich history on the family as well as the labels.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about bourbon gifts.
- Do you believe in aliens?
- What was it like growing up as a Beam?
- Talk about the history of the Dants.
- What happened with the Dants during Prohibition?
- Tell us about Yellowstone.
- Do you watch the show Yellowstone?
- When was JW Dant sold?
- How did you decide to get into the business?
- What were the early days like?
- What was it like starting with moonshine?
- How many barrels of bourbon were you holding back?
- Was it difficult to bring in a partner and give up some control?
- Talk about the partnership with Luxco.
- How have the operations changed?
- Tell us about Minor Case.
- Why don’t you call yourself a Master Distiller?
- Tell us about your products.
Support this Podcast on Patreon