Joshua Steeley, Marketing Director for Bourbon at Buffalo Trace, joins the show to cover the Old Charter Oak series. It’s a line extension that focuses on the effect different types of oak have on the bourbon. We’re talking oak harvested from all over the world and some of the oak being hundreds of years old.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about decanters.
- What’s the most ridiculous thing someone has tricked you into doing or believing?
- Tell us about your role at Buffalo Trace.
- Any brands you are putting more effort behind?
- Are you going to have a part in Early Times?
- How did you get into bourbon and end up at Buffalo Trace?
- Let’s talk about Old Charter Oak.
- How do you decide what bourbon goes into each brand?
- Tell us about your experimental process.
- Old Charter Oak Tasting.
- Where do you source your barrels from?
- Talk about what went into the packaging design.
- How hard is it to find this brand?
- What is the price point?
- Any failed experiments?