Clay Risen somehow narrowly escaped being a guest on the podcast, but we got him. We talk about some of his past work and his newest book, The Impossible Collection Of Whiskey: The 100 Most Exceptional And Collectible Bottles, that will be coming out in October 2020. So of course, we talk about chasing unicorns and our early bourbon regrets.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about unity in bourbon.
- Tell us about your books.
- If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be?
- Do you feel like books need to be refreshed constantly?
- Talk about the different kinds of rye.
- What are your favorite ryes?
- How did you become the whiskey guy?
- What year did you get into whiskey?
- What is one of your favorite pieces you’ve wrote?
- Tell us about your new book.
- How do you have time to venture out to all different kinds of whiskies?
- Did you include specific vintages in your new book?
- What about exports created for the Japanese market?
- How hard would it be for you to open a rare whiskey?
- Now that you are covering politics, are you drinking more whiskey?