Baker’s is a brand that we’ve discussed previously with Beam’s ambassador Beth Burrows back on episode 95, but this time we go into the whiskey. A Patreon supporter sent 3 blind samples of Baker’s: the new single barrel 7 year, the old 7 year small batch with the black wax that is no longer in production, and the most recent limited release of the Baker’s 13 year. Which one will come out on top? Stay tuned to find out.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about distillery firsts.
- Baker’s Tasting: New Baker’s 7 Year Single Barrel, Baker’s 13 Year, Old Baker’s 7 Year Small Batch
- Do you drink coffee?
- Why did Baker’s move from a small batch to a single barrel?
- Why don’t distilleries want to promote large batches?
- Let’s discuss special releases.
- Blind Reveal
- Fred, what did you see on the shelf back in the early 2000’s?