Today’s roundtable is a potpourri of bourbon questions. We talk about our favorite 10 year age stated bourbons that are readily available. We look into the high aged Knob Creek releases, including the 15 and 12 year, and what this could mean for the private barrel selection program. Then, we talk about some Father’s Day gift ideas that we would like to have. Lastly, we take a moment to look back in time and ask ourselves what we would have done differently if we got into bourbon earlier. This episode is dedicated to raising funds for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund. Bourbon Pursuit has pledged $1000 to help bring awareness and equality.
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund: https://www.naacpldf.org/
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about aliens.
- What does your spouse think of your bourbon habit?
- What’s the best age stated 10 year old bourbon?
- 15 year Knob Creek is being priced at $100+. What happened to the 15 year picks for $45?
- Father’s Day is coming up. If you are buying for the bourbon hobbyist, what’s the best possible gift to get? What would *you* want?
- We all got into this bourbon hobby at different times and learned a lot along the way. If you could go back to the beginning when you got into bourbon, what would you do differently? Aside from buying up every rare bottle on the store shelves.