Will Longbranch slowly phase out Wild Turkey 81? Did you know that 92% of the entrants in the 2017 San Francisco World Spirit Awards won a medal? Did Buffalo Trace start aiming too high? We examine all of these topics much more in depth in this edition of the Bourbon Community Roundtable.
- Who’s excited for the Matthew McConaughey bourbon?
- Was Longbranch a smart move for Wild Turkey because the Wild Turkey brand name is getting stale?
- Could this be the slow decline and phasing out of Wild Turkey 81?
- Does Wild Turkey lose something in your mind for letting Matthew put his name next to Eddie’s on the bottle?
- Henry McKenna wins the 2018 San Francisco World Spirit Awards as best bourbon. Was anyone surprised this wins out of 300+?
- Let’s talk about anti-spirit award show topics. (refer back to episode 144)
- Do you feel it’s a honey barrel and nothing that just magically showed up?
- A Buffalo Trace rep said no one is talking about the Four Grain or the OFC press release. Should we? Is this unimpressive news?
- Booker’s 30th is 16 year we are all eager to try.
- Watch all the roundtable episodes
- Thanks to Blake from bourbonr.com, Nick from BreakingBourbon.com, Kerry from Sobourbia.com, Wade from tater-talk.com, and Brian Harra from Sippncorn.blogspot.com