There’s been some sneaky releases lately from Diageo and Jefferson’s so we tackle those. If you’re short on Christmas gift ideas, we talk about some of those things you can give the bourbon lover in your life.
- In recent news, the folks at Diageo slid in a brand new Orphan Barrel release called Entrapment 25 year Canadian Whiskey. Anyone have thoughts on it yet?
- Jefferson’s also released their 16year Presidential Selection. I heard about this release almost a year ago and completely forgot about it. But this is a unique one because it’s not like any other Presidential release. this one has some of the Jefferson’s flair where its been double barreled and they call it Twin Wood. Twin Wood got its name after Master Distiller Trey Zoeller chose an 11-year Bourbon to be re-barreled in freshly charred oak for another 5 years. Around 10,000 bottles are available today in markets across the country at an MSRP of $199.
- The bloggers on the roundtable did their sleuthing and found out that PVW15’s red foil this year was a bottling line mistake. Blake had a special name for it.
- The holidays mean one thing, as “the bourbon connoisseur” of your family, your obligated to bring a few bottles over to share with family. What are those bottles?
- Christmas season is quickly approaching. Each person gets to discuss what they believe are the top gifts. This could be from a specific bottle, to ice molds, to clothing.
- Be on the lookout for a special Black Friday deal on the Bourbon Pursuit facebook page as well!