With the current climate of overpriced rare whiskey, how do you turn that into a profitable business? Matt Landan talks about pivoting his coffee shop into Haymarket Whiskey Bar, a staple of bourbon country and Top 40 whiskey bar.
- Everyone who has visited Louisville probably knows but we are going to talk about the history of the bar
- Do you think this is becoming a new landmark on the bourbon trail
- How are you appealing to the local bourbon community?
- You also do something unique with the price of your Van Winkles too
- People on the forums also thought you ruined bourbon for maybe 30 minutes last year too
- Talk about the new Vintage spirits law and what that means
- You’re keeping up with it. what’s the latest news with it and where are they?
- What are some potential pit falls?
- How do retailers or people like yourself protect themselves from frauds?
- What mistakes have you made trying to run a whiskey bar?
- What advice would you give to someone?
- How do feel about increased competition?