Mikael Mossberg, Co-Founder & CEO of Distiller, talks about his whiskey recommendation app and how his whiskey passion led him to be in the startup world.
- Kick off the show talking about Parker’s Heritage Collection #9, The Malt Whiskey Release
- What has your past been that led you up into Distiller?
- Tell us more about the app, what would you categorize it as?
- How did the idea spawn?
- We really like the “trending bottle”, how did that idea come about?
- Walk us through the recommendation engine
- Where do you find your expert reviewers?
- The reviews are like Amazon reviews, short and to the point.
- What sort of glasses do you drink out of? I found a good tidbit of information from Marianne Barnes about density and nosing.
- How many people are on the platform?
- How do you get all these bottles and samples for reviews?
- How did you come up with the tagline “The Whiskey Companion”?
- Shout out to our new audio engineer David Isreal