It’s another month and another Bourbon Community Roundtable and we’ve got a great list of topics in #73. The first is stickers. I know, it seems like we talk about them all the time but now it’s gotten serious. A Louisville bourbon club and liquor store chain was sued by Bob Baffert for almost $70k over a sticker, and yes, they paid up. So now, have we gone too far with stickers? Every year it seems like there are a few acquisitions that happen. Recently, we’ve seen Heaven Hill acquire Samson & Surrey, Pritzker buy Bardstown Bourbon, and last year MGP purchased LuxCo. These were all strategically different plays. So what do we think makes a good acquisition target in today’s market? Following on that last question, those were all very high dollar buys. Is this a trend that we will see continue or is there a chance that smaller brands on the upswing could be gobbled up?
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about storing bottles.
- Bob Baffert sued a Louisville liquor retailer for almost $70k over a sticker. Have we gone too far with stickers?
- What do we think makes a good acquisition target in today’s market?
- Is there a chance that smaller brands on the upswing could be gobbled up?
- @breakingbourbon @fredminnick @drinkseelbachs @bourbonr @sippncorn
- Support this podcast on Patreon