It’s This Week in Bourbon for October 29th 2021. Here’s the headlines for this week. Union workers agree to a new Heaven Hill contract. DISCUS files a 66 page report on trade and export disputes. Blue Run Spirits launches their first high rye bourbon.
- Union workers vote to accept a new contract with Heaven Hill distillery.
- The Kentucky Distillers’ Association welcomes Three Boys Farm Distillery and Coal Pick Distillery.
- Interbrand names Jack Daniel’s the most valuable spirit brand in the world.
- What’s next for American whiskey?
- Single-barrel whiskey offerings on Drizly has expanded by 12 percent in 2021.
- NFT Tied to Rare Whiskey Cask Auctions for $2.3M.
- Owens Corning introduced “Bourbon” as the 2022 Shingle Color of the Year.
- The Kitchen Table restaurant coming to Jim Beam
- DISCUS submitted a detailed report (66 pages to be exact) to the United States Trade Representative identifying key foreign trade barriers impeding U.S. distilled spirits exports.
- 2021 edition of Brooklyn Black Ops, a collaboration from Kentucky-based Four Roses Distillery and New York’s Brooklyn Brewery.
- Jeptha Creed is releasing their first Bottled-In-Bond Rye Bourbon.
- Blue Run Kentucky Straight High Rye Bourbon Whiskey is now available.
- HIRSCH announces the debut of its Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- Michter’s 20 Year Kentucky Straight Bourbon will mark the first release since 2019.
- @kentuckybourbontrail @heavenhilldistillery @brownforman @jackdaniels_us @drizly @owenscorningroofing @jimbeamofficial @distilledspiritscouncil @brooklynbrewery @fourrosesbourbon @bluerunspirits @jepthacreed @michterswhiskey @hirschwhiskey
- Support this podcast on Patreon