The Last Drop Distillers is known for acquiring extremely old and rare spirits from across the world. We chat with Rebecca Jago, Managing Director of The Last Drop Distillers, to hear their story. It’s an interesting history of generational knowledge and their release of the 1980 Buffalo Trace is what caught our attention. We even got a chance to try it on a past Whiskey Quickie and it blew us away. Listen to hear about their partnership with Sazerac and how they plan to sustain their business model.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about used rye barrels.
- What is on your bucket list?
- What is The Last Drop Distillers?
- Do you have an emotional standard when tasting a rare whiskey?
- How do you grow and sustain a business like this?
- Do you seek out sellers or do they seek you out?
- How do you determine if something is really unique or rare?
- Talk about the 1980 Buffalo Trace.
- Tell us about the rationale behind the pricing.
- Do you think bourbon is deserving or price point like this?
Support this Podcast on Patreon