Belle Meade is a very recognizable brand to bourbon enthusiasts. But how did that brand get revived and what’s the story behind Nelson’s Green Brier? We’re joined by Charlie Nelson, Co-Founder of Nelson’s Green Brier, who shares his story of stumbling into the bourbon business when his dad purchased a quarter of a cow.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about helping others understand your bourbon hobby.
- What’s your best halloween costume?
- How did this journey begin?
- Talk about building your business plan.
- Do you consider Belle Meade your flagship?
- When using old labels from the archive, did you have to get them re-approved?
- What is your DSP?
- Where did you get your recipes?
- Talk about building the Belle Meade and Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery brands.
- Tell us about the success of the Belle Meade brand.
Support this Podcast on Patreon