There’s a few OGs in the world of whiskey, and one of the most notable names is Ryan Maloney. You may not know that name, but you’ve likely heard of his store in Massachusetts called Julio’s Liquors and the famous picks done by the Loch & Key Society. Ryan takes us on a trip down memory lane when private barrel selections were abundant and limited releases weren’t so limited.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about storing vintage spirits.
- What carnival food can you not resist?
- Tell us about Julio’s the and Loch & Key Society.
- When did you realize how important barrel picks would be?
- Have you ever picked a Van Winkle?
- Tell us about some of your barrel picks.
- What’s on the forefront of barrel picks?
- Have you created your own private label or do you plan to?
- Talk about blending.
- What is your thought process on collaborations with other stores?
- Are you getting less allocations because of the rise in popularity of bourbon?