Dr. Pat Heist blew our minds back on episode 121 going deep on yeast. If you haven’t listened to that episode yet, go listen to that one first before starting this, I promise it will be worth your time. Pat has one of the most unique backgrounds in bourbon and has even had the opportunity to do a TED Talk which is amazing for our industry. We discuss the crazy growth at Wilderness Trail.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about blind tastings.
- What’s your title?
- Would you rather travel back in time to meet your ancestors or the future to meet your descendants?
- Any new products in the pipeline?
- How do you forecast?
- How much are you producing per day?
- Who’s idea was it to invest so much in the business?
- Tell us about your TedX talk.
- What’s your next milestone?
- Where can people buy Wilderness Trail?
- How have you and your bourbon been received across the country?
- How do you chose a yeast variety for your product?
- How does your process compare to other distilleries?
- What happens when people dip their finger in the fermentation tanks?
- Can you recreate whiskey from the 70s?