Freddie Johnson is bourbon. You are going to hear that, among many other praises for one of the most well respected people in the industry. He’s a never short on stories and makes any experience together memorable. Of course, Freddie talks about tours and his impact at Buffalo Trace, but then answers questions about bottle flipping and the secondary market. It’s great insight into Sazerac’s approach on this issue. Make sure you attend the Kentucky Derby Museum’s Legends Series next season.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about the latest deal between Brown-Forman and Sazerac.
- Discussion about white dog.
- Tell us about giving tours 12 years ago.
- Talk about the promise to your father.
- How do you customize the tours?
- What do the people of Buffalo Trace mean to you?
- Do you have to buy your own bottles?
- What is your favorite part of a tour?
- How do you feel about seeing the high aftermarket prices for Buffalo Trace products?
- Do you ever get challenged about your products on the tours?
- What do you think about flipping bottles?
- What was the most special drink you’ve shared?
Support this Podcast on Patreon