There’s yet another FAKE PAPPY ALERT! Yes, it’s true and it’s not going to be the last time either. Fakers are getting better and we talk about the most recent scandal with an employee of Buffalo Trace who has allegedly been selling counterfeit Pappy on the secondary market. And if you’ve been buying too much, maybe you should be watching Tidying Up on Netflix. Then we dig into the certification game that’s happening. Is there really such a thing as a Whiskey Sommelier or is it just a hoax for your money and some large medallion? We finish off the conversation saying goodbye to Kerry and wish him well.
- The week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about whiskey marketing
- Fake Pappy and the secondary market
- Netflix’s Tidying Up and how it relates to bourbon bunkers
- What is the definition of a Whiskey Sommelier?
- Whiskey Jug Article: http://thewhiskeyjug.com/whiskey/what-is-a-whiskey-sommelier/
- Whiskey samples and reviews
- Goodbye to Kerry
Very Nicely said Fred. TMcD
You should have listened to Daniel Whittington’s reply before talking about The Whiskey Tribe school. It would have given you a whole different perspective on the subject. You just presented Josh Peter’s slanted report. Not good reporting at all. You are all better than that.
We don’t really take a stand. I’m going under the premise that they shouldn’t have used the term “sommelier”. Any other word and it wouldn’t have been an issue. Stick with a “Whiskey Wizard” or something like that. But, have you seen part 2? http://thewhiskeyjug.com/whiskey/whiskey-sommelier-certification-more-to-think-about/