There’s yet another FAKE PAPPY ALERT! Yes, it’s true and it’s not going to be the last time either. Fakers are getting better and we talk about the most recent scandal with an employee of Buffalo Trace who has allegedly been selling counterfeit Pappy on the secondary market. And if you’ve been buying too much, maybe you should be watching Tidying Up on Netflix. Then we dig into the certification game that’s happening. Is there really such a thing as a Whiskey Sommelier or is it just a hoax for your money and some large medallion? We finish off the conversation saying goodbye to Kerry and wish him well.
- The week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about whiskey marketing
- Fake Pappy and the secondary market
- Netflix’s Tidying Up and how it relates to bourbon bunkers
- What is the definition of a Whiskey Sommelier?
- Whiskey Jug Article: http://thewhiskeyjug.com/whiskey/what-is-a-whiskey-sommelier/
- Whiskey samples and reviews
- Goodbye to Kerry