A first ever, in-person recording of the Roundtable crew! We got rained out from Bourbon and Beyond but we’re not going to let that stop us from sharing some funny stories and cracking open a 1933 Old Taylor. We also take the time to talk about the Master Distiller shuffle happening at Heaven Hill, Maker’s Mark, and Jim Beam.
- This week’s Above the Char has Fred Minnick discussing his Super Bowl
- We have a funny story to tell from the Speed Art Museum’s rare bourbon auction
- Bourbon and Beyond talk
- Brian and Blake ask us the hardest question they were going to ask from their cancelled sessions
- We start talking about the actual roles of Master Distillers and the transition we’ve seen from Four Roses with Jim Rutledge
- Denny Potter from Heaven Hill is transitioning to Director of Operations to Master Distiller at Maker’s Mark. Was this the right move?
- Brian from Sipp’n Corn brought a 1933 Old Taylor for the roundtable to open and try. wow.
- Thanks to Blake from Bourbonr.com, Nick and Jordan from Breaking Bourbon, and Brian from Sipp’n Corn for joining this week.