Bourbon Truth, the infamous blogger and twitter persona known as Lloyd Christmas, gives a Bourbon Pursuit exclusive where no one is safe. He tells it like it is and let’s you know not everything smells like roses.
- What made you start blogging? (spoiler alert, he has bone to pick with the Van Winkles)
- Let’s talk about distilleries and their non-sense tactics. Which ones stand out the most and why?
- Your latest blog post talked about the issues behind private barrel picks. Let’s talk because people are moving to these as the limited edition market is now flooded with people.
- Let’s talk about marketing over the value of the bottles. What do you see consumers continually falling for?
- Distillers are continually pushing the envelope of cost. Bottles are increasing in price and even limited editions that were once $50 are now $350 at retail. These were always 15 year bourbons. What’s the long-term effect?
- Should a person that never drank Bourbon before 2017 take the precious bottles from those drinking it for 5 or 10 years? Are they worthy?
- Is there a problem with people “collecting” bourbon?
- Does Craft Whiskey stand a chance?
Confused and in agreement at many levels of this Facebook friend suggestion pic.twitter.com/oc104mJ1cX
— Lloyd Christmas (@Bourbontruth) December 26, 2016