Denny Potter, Master Distiller and VP of Operations at Heaven Hill, talks about his past handling dangerous chemicals, answers if bourbon production is green, touches on age statement removals and the market for higher age statements.
- Thanks to Linden Ferguson for being the guest co-host
- The man behind many of the famous brands we talk about on the show like Evan Williams, Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna, Larceny and much more. Former Master Distiller and now VP of Operations at Heaven Hill, Denny Potter
- Talk about your history and how you came to Heaven Hill
- Talk about your old jobs dealing with dangerous chemicals.
- Talk about the environmental impact of bourbon production.
- So you have a history of rum. What do you think about this newborn uptick in Rum interest?
- How many barrels is Heaven Hill producing per day?
- What once was impossible to get rid of and now HH has been known for their high aged premium products by whiskey geeks. From Martin Mills 24 to EC18 and 23 and WHH 14 and 15 years, do you anticipate the future whiskey drinkers 10 years from now to still be wanting higher aged products?
- There’s a little known gem here in KY and that’s the 6 year BIB white label. When you travel do people ask you about how they can get their hands on some?
- What are some of those labels people are always wanting to know more about or how they can get their hands on?
Two part podcast. First part discussion about Heaven Hill growth and demand. In the second part, Ryan joins Mike Sonne, “Chief” Bourbon Quality Control Taster at Heaven Hill, to talk about his job working with Parker Beam and Denny Potter